Job descriptionLocation Manado Work Type Direct Contract Application Posted February 14, 2022
About the Role
Strap on your helmet and climb on board if you're ready to be our Account Executive. Based in Manado, you’ll be part of the Indonesia Regional Sales team that oversees Gojek's merchant-partners in the area. You'll play a critical role in executing sales strategy, maintaining current merchant-partner campaigns, as well as building and strengthening relationships with merchant networks here (including regular visits upon assigned leads!). The Merchant Engagement and Sales Support team will be your companions on this ride. You will get ample opportunity to flex and utilize your excellent business sense and market knowledge. Perhaps the most meaningful of all: your efforts will work to enhance the lives and businesses of our millions of merchant-partners in Indonesia, providing them with the attention, care, and opportunities they deserve.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain relationships with our top 20% merchant-partners directly and drive to approach new merchants
- Collaborate with business owners to provide bigger business opportunities and help to boost their revenue by using Gojek's platform
- Analyze consumer behavior, market insight, field situation, and market trends in your territory
- Assist in organizing and coordinating micro internal and external events
- Prepare sales forecasts and budgets; set transaction targets in areas like product mix, sales volume, market shares in their territory
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field
- At least 3 years of experience in Sales at a unicorn tech-company, top multinational FMCG, or SME Banking (Funding, Lending, Credit Card)
- Interest in working with small-medium businesses
- Preferably spent significant time (>1 year) in representative area and has a strong network and knowledge about the region
- Great communication and negotiation skills to maintain strong relationships with key partners
- Ability to be adaptable to changes in plans, and possesses strong prioritization, organization, and time management skills in order to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills effectively collaborate with various teams, understanding their concerns, and formulating actionable steps forward
About the Team
Our Account Executive team, part of the wider Operations & Sales team, is based in Manado, East Indonesia. The gist of our role is to build, strengthen, and maintain our relationships with our merchant-partners in the region, as well as to create an ecosystem of solutions to support our merchant-partners on the Gojek platform to better manage and grow their business.
Our Account Executives are one of the core stakeholders in our Gojek ecosystem; they’re involved in various offerings such as food delivery, offline payment acceptance, POS, financial services, deals, and promotions. Our team works closely with our merchant-partners to oversee and growth our merchant campaign. Should you have a question about the various events we plan for our merchant-partners, or the communication channels we use to keep in touch with them, we are your people. Currently, we have been working hard at enhancing our work strategy to both increase and streamline our merchant-partner transactions. The big goal we always have at the back of our minds is to establish Gojek as the most trusted partner in the region and beyond.
We’re a tight-knit, high-functioning team who genuinely love what we do, as we can see the results of our efforts play out in our merchant-partners’ everyday lives. When we aren’t working, you’d probably find us with our nose in books, or our eyes glued to the TV screen watching the latest Korean dramas. We also prioritize self-care and wellness, equally concerned with each others’ personal and professional developments.