Seeking an experienced ag/commercial lender in the Burley/Twin Falls area to develop and establish a new market presence for the lender. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, ag business, marketing, or related area of studies and a minimum of five to ten years of lending experience in the local area. Experience in sales and production agriculture is a plus. Established involvement in local community organizations is extremely important. Possess strong marketing and underwriting skills to develop a base of core deposit and lending customers. Adequately assess customer’s credit requests and make sound recommendations for complex loan approvals up to $10 million or greater. The candidate must be able to work independently, be goal oriented and results driven. This is an outstanding opportunity to showcase personal performance to derive personal and financial success. Salary and benefits commensurate upon experience. Job location Burley, Twin Falls area.
Summary: As a Loan Officer of The Bank of Commerce, your duties include enhancing the bank’s overall value by (1) improving existing customer loan and deposit relationships and (2) finding and establishing new relationships. It is expected that you will increase the bank’s loan and deposit balances through appropriate due diligence and by developing relationships which run parallel to bank goals of safety, soundness and profitability. As an integral part of your job function, you will assess a borrower’s creditworthiness for potential loan transactions through detailed analysis of a borrower’s financial position. As part of this process, a loan officer will accept loan applications, collect the proper financial data, underwrite potential credits, make credit decisions and close and service loan transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze, process, close and administer loan proposals for commercial, agricultural and consumer requests
- Interview customers and collect the necessary financial data to determine loan approvals
- Assess the creditworthiness of a borrower through detailed repayment, capital, collateral, character and credit analysis
- Provide financing solutions according to a borrower’s need and capacity
- Underwrite potential loans according to bank policy and practices
- Make credit recommendations to the bank’s board of directors and executive management
- Coordinate with private and public financing institutions to complete participated transactions
- Learn, apply and sell the bank’s products and services
- Establish deposit and loan relationships with potential customers
- Enhance and maintain relationships with existing customers
- Improve the bank’s mission, vision and values as an honest, dedicated employee
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience in sales and production agriculture is a plus. Established involvement in local community organizations is extremely important. Possess strong marketing and underwriting skills to develop a base of core deposit and lending customers.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Ag Business or related area of study from a four year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
2. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
3. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
4. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
5. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
6. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
7. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
8. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.