Requisition ID: 254986
Requisition Posting End Date: 05/20/2022
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business promoted though private health cover and access to a leading employee assistance program. Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
Pluto Train is the expansion of a second LNG train at the existing Pluto LNG onshore facility. Pluto Train 2 will process Scarborough gas and have an LNG capacity of ~5 million tonnes per annum. As part of the construction of Pluto Train 2, additional domestic gas infrastructure will be installed to increase capacity to ~ 225 Terajoules per day.
On 1 January 2022, Woodside issued Full Notice to Proceed (FNTP) to Bechtel (Western Australia) Pty Ltd and Bechtel International, Inc (Bechtel) for the Pluto Train 2 Project Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) scope of work. Woodside is Australia's leading natural gas producer, and Bechtel is excited to be working with this key customer to help meet the increasing global demand for LNG as a transitional energy source.
51 modules for the Train 2 gas processing train will be constructed at a Module Fabrication Yard located in Batam Island, Indonesia.
Bechtel is seeking an Area Superintendent to join the Pluto Train 2 Module Fabrication Team in Batam Island, Indonesia
This role will will report directly to the Mod yard project superintendent and will interface with other Bechtel area superintendents, Bechtel’s hydrotest coordinator, Bechtel’s insulations superintendents, Bechtel traffic & logistics superintendent, Bechtel field engineers, Bechtel project controls group, Bechtel materials management group and Bechtel’s Contracts administrator.
What you bring
- Responsible for direction and oversight of module yard construction superintendents and activities over multiple module work fronts to include structural steel, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, crane & bull rigging, scaffolding and module completion work. Consult with Project superintendent with any deviations.
- Responsible for direction of construction and related activities & construction equipment utilization, for multiple modules being assembled at the same time.
- Responsible for monitoring structural steel, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, scaffolding and module completion work and ensures assigned discipline superintendents comply with project requirements and their execution plan.
- Along with guidance from Project superintendent, monitor structural steel, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, scaffolding and module completion work activities to ensure work complies with design documents and specifications, and that structural steel, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, scaffolding and module completion work activities are completed safely, to quality standards, on schedule, and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the assigned discipline superintendents follow health, safety, security and environmental plans and procedures. This includes the authority to issue instructions related to safety and to STOP unsafe work.
- Implements Projects HSSE plan and procedures.
- Assists with development of plans and schedules, construction methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Maintains an effective relation with other Bechtel, client and contractor departments.
- Provide support to Bechtel’s material management, field engineering and project controls’ groups in the implementation of their roles and responsibilities.
- Candidate must possess knowledge and experience in: Knowledge of all phases of structural steel, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, rigging & bull rigging, scaffolding and module completion work activities relating to module assemblies.
- Subcontractor management and adherence to contract requirements to avoid claims.
- Through knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy and how it pertains to contractor’s safety performance.
- Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project HSSE Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
- Through knowledge of the project Quality Policies.
Work includes monitoring Mod yard operations and the physical ability to monitor Mod yard operations which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a module yard, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust among others. These values help define our culture and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military, or veteran, marital or disability status.
Candidates will be appropriately qualified, demonstrate a strong safety focus and value the development and maintenance of client relationships. Sound communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are essential.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with global opportunities, then this could be the role for you.
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.