At NTT we believe that by using innovative technology we can solve global challenges and create a world that is sustainable and secure. We are looking for curious people, from diverse backgrounds, that are keen to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
At NTT we trust our employees to do the right thing, even when no one is watching, which is why we offer flexibility in the workplace. The majority of our roles are hybrid, meaning we encourage a balance of working from home and our local office. Ask our recruitment team if this is a hybrid role.
Want to be a part of our team?Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
Identifies gaps and provides technical expertise in business requirements for system functional specifications and scales new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost effective manner.
Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing to meet business requirements. Designs details of automated systems.
May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Working at NTT
The Business Analyst’s key function is to work with internal and external clients to determine requirements and to define solutions to address complex business, process and systems problems, and improvements in the organization. They act as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a bridge between the business problems and the technology solutions.
- Analyse, transform and ultimately resolve the business problems with the help of technology.
- Work with internal clients and apply best practice methodologies to determine business requirements and to define solutions to address business, process, information and system problems, improvements or change.
- Deliver business projects in line with sponsor requirements and enterprise architecture.
- Proactive development and deployment of enhanced services and platforms, covering all the functional aspects from service/product definition through to build and deployment.
- Ensure the identification and documentation of operational gaps including user guides, templates, test cases and related user training.
- Assist with the resolution of issues pertaining to the service.
- Adhere to and follow the relevant development and support processes.
- Communicate and escalate if any issues arise or deliverables cannot be met and request assistance to ensure closure of issues.
- Take responsibility for delivery of project elements with minimal supervision
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Broad understanding of business practices and processes
- Excellent team player who displays good client service orientation with well-developed administrative and organisation skills
- Deep expertise in specific systems, processes and technologies that they will be required to analyse
- Meticulous attention to detail whilst working under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to build rapport and engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to convert business requirements into operational deliverables (functional requirements) to meet business objectives
- Excellent documentation skills, in particular, functional requirements, test cases, system user documentation, processes and procedures and presentations
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Word, Excel Project, PowerPoint and Visio
- Understanding of systems generally used in a services organisation e.g. ServiceNow, Siebel, Remedy, SAP, EMS would be advantageous
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with related demonstrable experience
- Project management certification would be advantageous
- IIBA Membership required
- Relevant technology certification(s)
- Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst gained within a technology services environment
- Experience as a system administrator or developer would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in and with all operational aspects of a Services business, preferably with a Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience in the process of developing and implementing new services and systems
- Understanding of and experience with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating and managing tasks, and small projects
What will make you a good fit for the role?Standard career level descriptor for job level:
- Seasoned and experienced professional
- Has full understanding of specialisation area
- Resolves wide range of issues in creative ways
- Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated
- Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems
- Networks with senior internal and external people in own area of expertise
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments
- Typically requires demonstrable related experience with a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree; or moderate level experience and a Master’s or equivalent degree; or a PhD or equivalent degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
1. Minimum of 5 years as Senior Business Systems Analyst
2. Understand the Lifeasia/AS400 insurance system.
3. Have knowledge and be able to perform SQL queries and data transformation
4. Have knowledge of Life Insurance Business and Finance
5. Have IT knowledge such as business flow, process flow, FSD, experience in core systems and subsystems, such as SQL, ETL, .NET Application,
6. Must speak English fluently, speaking, writing, listening.
7. Experience using JIRA
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.