Job descriptionLocation Jakarta Work Type Permanent Application Posted April 14, 2021
About the Role
As GoFin continues to grow within our ecosystem, the need to create a reliable and scalable data infrastructure becomes increasingly more vital. As a member of the Data Engineering team, you'll be at the epicenter of one of Southeast Asia's most coveted companies, getting to witness and solve the challenges that come with rapid scaling.
As our Data Engineering Manager for our GoFin team, you'll focus heavily on building and scaling a data platform that enables and delivers reliable, trustworthy, and approachable data to our users. You'll also get to design, develop, and deploy applications with a high sense of ownership. Additionally, you’ll lead a lean team of Data Engineers and build robust data engineering products and infrastructures that'll propel the business to achieve their objectives through a data-driven approach.
What You Will Do
- Build a highly scalable and fault tolerant data streaming platform to process and analyze a large volume of messages in real time
- Mentor the team, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their deliverables
- Oversee containerization and deployment of microservices on Kubernetes
- Design and deploy the data engineering applications on Google Cloud Platform
- Manage the auto-scaling and monitoring performances of the Infrastructure using Prometheus and Grafana, or similar tools
- Define the system level objectives of the data engineering products and meet those SLOs
- Set up Infrastructure as a code using Terraform and Chef
What You Will Need
- At least 8 years of working experience in data engineering, with experience leading a team and building data engineering applications on a large-scale distributed computing infrastructure in a cloud environment
- A visionary in technical architecture, with experience building and maintaining Data Engineering Products on cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of programming languages; proficiency in Java
- Experience building real-time streaming applications using Kafka and Flink
- DevOps experience implementing large scale data stacks using any CI/CD tool and Docker
- Experience managing distributed systems like Elasticsearch/MongoDB and a server-less data warehouse like BigQuery or Redshift
- Experience in working with schedulers like Airflow
About the Team
The GoFin team plays an integral part in providing financial services to Gojek's three main segments: consumers, merchants-partners, and driver-partners. Our GoFin Data team is an established family with members stationed across Jakarta, Singapore and India. We’re responsible for running hundreds of instances and deployments across all of our payment products, directly impacting millions of users every single day. Most recently, we've worked on building products that reduce the overall time to model, curate, and access data, streamlining our efficiency and internal processes significantly.
Combating remote work has brought us even closer, with frequent catch-ups over tea and sharing ways we have been keeping ourselves sane. Along with our desire to utilize smart technology and innovative engineering strategies to make people’s lives easier, our team also bonds over our shared love for reading, gaming, and drinking lots of coffee. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!