Job descriptionDepartmentEngineering and Technology LevelExperienced (Individual Contributor) LocationIndonesia - Jakarta
The Engineering and Technology team is at the core of the Shopee platform development. The team is made up of a group of passionate engineers from all over the world, striving to build the best systems with the most suitable technologies. Our engineers do not merely solve problems at hand; We build foundations for a long-lasting future. We don't limit ourselves on what we can or can't do; we take matters into our own hands even if it means drilling down to the bottom layer of the computing platform. Shopee's hyper-growing business scale has transformed the most "innocent" problems into huge technical challenges, and there is no better place to experience it first-hand if you love technologies as much as we do. Browse our Engineering and Technology team openings to see how you can make an impact with us.About the Team: About Sea Labs Indonesia Sea Labs is at the core of the Sea platforms development, supporting diverse business lines from e-commerce, supply chain, games, payment and finance, among many others. The strong growth and unique positioning of Sea's e-commerce business, Shopee, spurred the launch of Sea Labs Indonesia. Since its inception, the group of passionate engineers have charted the course to drive the best experience for our users in Indonesia, many of which solutions are even adapted to other markets in the region.
Sea's hyper-growing business scale has transformed most "innocent" problems into huge technical challenges, and there is no better place to experience world-class projects first-hand if you love technologies as much as we do. Together with our passionate and driven teams, you'll get to develop your skills, build on industry knowledge and collaborate with global teams in a dynamic space. Browse our Sea Labs Indonesia team openings to see how you can make an impact with us.
About the Team The Supply Chain Team is committed to creating a flexible, stable and efficient global supply chain system, including procurement systems, logistics systems, multi-country and multi-regional warehouse management systems and last-mile transportation systems, providing seamless and boundaryless retail connectivity around the globe. The Team constantly optimise processes based on data and algorithms to provide reliable customer experience and support ground staffs to streamline operations and scale new heights. Job Description: As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, you will work with some of the most talented minds in the world, collaborating with fellow Developers, Product Managers, User Experience Designers and Operation Engineers to design, test and safeguard availability, performance and usability of our business-critical functionalities that delight both internal businesses and external end-users. Your main responsibility includes (but not limited to):
- Oversee the quality assurance activities, cooperate with product managers, developers and other roles to deliver high-quality products
- Devise test objectives, develop test strategies and plans, track defects and report results
- Design and develop test code for API and UI level automation tests
- Conduct testing work for security, performance, reliability, compatibility, etc.
- Perform measurement and analysis on the quality of Research and Development (R&D) process and online operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- More than 6 years working experience in software testing
- Good experience in software backend testing
- Familiar with database, message queue, cache, etc. components
- Expert in all or some of the below:
- UI test automation tools
- API testing (using SoapUI, JUnit, Pyunit, Postman or similar)
- Microservices contract testing
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile or Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in the testing on large complex projects/programs
- Strong technical knowledge – able to code in one or more scripting languages (i.e. python)
- Ability to read and analyse Go or Java language would be an advantage
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills