Job descriptionLocation Jakarta Work Type Permanent Application Posted November 9, 2021
About the Role
If you're looking to hone in on your engineering abilities and work on mission-critical scalability distributed systems, this may be the job for you. As our Engineering Manager, you'll be in the first formal leadership role for Gojek's engineering organization, leading the Profitability stream that's in charge of sustainable growth for our business in international markets outside of Indonesia. Here, you'll get to oversee and lead a talented troop of around 15 engineers based across Jakarta and Bangalore to design and develop highly scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant systems for one of the world's fastest-growing unicorns. You'll collaborate and integrate external and third-party applications with internal and external stakeholders, and own the delivery and solution architecture for the features your team will work on.
What You Will Do
- Lead cross functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, UX, QA etc.) on planning and execution
- Responsible for the overall delivery and the solution architecture of the features your team will be working on
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and fault tolerant systems for one of the world's fastest growing unicorns
- Communicate, collaborate, and work effectively with product and business stakeholders across distributed teams in a global environment
- Responsible for the overall growth, learning, and well-being of your team members
What You Will Need
- At least 9 years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack
- Good knowledge of Java / Golang / Ruby and Data modeling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services
- Experience in leading small teams and owning the team's overall delivery
- Experience conducting performance reviews for team members and able to offer advice for their career paths
- Continuously refactor applications and architectures to maintain high-quality output
- A passion for coding, learning new things, and solving problems
- Equally adept at coding and designing
About the Team
The Transport team is responsible for Gojek’s 2 and 4 wheeler transportation products across Southeast Asia. We are in charge of growing transport orders and the top line of our financials organically, as well as improving our relationships with our partners through business use cases & cross-org collaborations. Despite the scale of our duties, we are still early in our journey. The unique organizational structure of this team allows people to work on both vertical and horizontal products.
We are a lean team of talented and motivated people, and though we work hard, we do know how to play hard, too. We have weekly team catch-ups (via Counterstrike and Call of Duty, most favorably), and despite the WFH set up recently, we take our opportunities to catch up for a round of drinks when it’s safe to do so.
Gojek is an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Gojek we celebrate our differences because we believe that diversity not only creates a healthier work environment for our employees but also helps our business thrive.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.