An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
IELTS Operations Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the IELTS strategic plan for Indonesia and is central to the achievement of IELTS revenue, market share and volume objectives along with customer satisfaction. The role will oversee Indonesia test centre operations in all respects so that centres are able to effectively deliver the customer experience within the compliance requirements for IELTS.
This role is also responsible for driving IELTS growth by identifying, pursuing and securing new business opportunities for IDP IELTS in Indonesia, working in collaboration with other functions and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include;
- Business Planning.
- Operations Management.
- Business Development.
- Customer Service.
- Quality & Compliance.
- Develop annually the 1- and 3-year plans for IELTS
- Develop annual /monthly forecast & budgets in consultation with the CD / RIM.
- Monitor test day availability capacity & ensure enough capacity is available to meet the demand
- Achieve candidate numbers, market share and revenue targets in line with budgeted goals and within approved expenses.
- Responsible for end to end operations across all test centres in Indonesia, from booking, test day & result release.
- Ensure all IELTS processes from registration to result release run as per approved timelines & with zero deviation from Q&C processes.
- Effective implementation of all test procedures as per IELTS & UKVI processes & guidelines.
- Complete compliance on reporting for all incidents / malpractice cases.
- Ensuring hiring, training, certification and capacity management for all Examiners
- Ensure all test take fees as reconciled before test day.
- Expand test locations, frequency, to ensure IDP is profitable, and competitive as well as meeting service expectations of candidates.
- Responsible to lead the RP commission program & drive higher RP contribution %.
- Identify opportunities for IELTS business development within the country that align with IDP IELTS core business and IDP strategic direction and priorities
- Seek opportunities to cross-sell between business functions (ELT, SP) with IELTS
- Build strong communication channels/working relationships with key stakeholders (audit team, marketing, finance/regional and global IELTS teams)
- Build a strong relationship with local authorities to get support in testing and explore business opportunities
- Ensure all test candidates receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test
- Ensure all staff involved in testing is culturally sensitive
- Manage the escalation of any customer complaints.
Quality & Compliance
- Ensure all testing activity is conducted in accordance with all relevant IELTS policies and procedures.
- Ensure secure Question Paper movement to offsite locations.
- Independently perform Self-audits on IELTS test centers as scheduled and provide documented feedback and reports
- Ensure 100% adherence to UKVI guidelines
- Any anomaly in operations is timely reported to Regional / Melbourne office
- Provide leadership and direction to the Indonesia IELTS team through recognition, coaching and modeling desired behaviours
- Build, develop, retain and lead the team to achieve high performance, engagement, and motivation.
- Take a proactive role as a member of the Country Leadership Team to build and promote cross-function collaboration
- Contribute to building a positive work environment based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality and compliance standards
1. Prepare well-documented reports and submissions to facilitate understanding of the commercial and business value of current and new initiatives
- Country Director
- Regional IELTS Director & Team
- Country IELTS Team
- Country Leadership Team
- Central Audit team (Melbourne)
- Other departments, e.g., Student Placement, Marketing, Finance, and People Experience, etc.
- Relevant government agencies
- Test venue providers
- Referral agents
- Recognising organisations
- IELTS partners (Cambridge Exams & British Council)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Graduate degree in business administration, operations management, or other related fields
- 8 years + experience in Operations preferably in the Education, FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Logistics, or equivalent industry with minimum 3 years of leading a team with multiple base locations
- High integrity and familiar with corporate compliance
- Should have strong proven existing Operational skills across key parameters listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – written & oral
- A strong, ethical leader who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Respects diversity in employees
- High energy
- Willing to undertake reasonable travel within Indonesia and attend overseas business meetings for IELTS as required.