DELOS is a technology start-up solving the most complex problems in aquaculture. Science drives our strategy, technology and culture. Today we are solving farm productivity and management, to scale and accelerate the potential in Indonesian Aquaculture, starting with shrimp farming.
Aquaculture is experiencing a technology revolution as the $200 Billion USD industry strides to meet growing demand for protein. At DELOS, we are backed by leading Indonesian investors and work closely with Government, world-leading scientific experts, acclaimed farmers and cutting-edge technology companies.
Do you want to play an integral part in the future of Indonesian aquaculture?
Do you consistently outperform your peers?
Join a high performing, fast-paced team, changing aquaculture in a meaningful way.
About the Role
You will be directly responsible for ensuring that SOPs and data collection procedures across multiple DELOS aquaculture shrimp farms are being always optimized.
You will be setting and maintaining the high standards we require to support our clients and our science teams with high quality actionable data.
To maintain quality control, you will communicate and work with in-house and external teams to train and support the techniques and methodologies applied. You will have worked in detail-oriented environments, maintaining standards, and working with other data collection activities which are core to business success.
Your passion for the power of well-maintained protocols and the use and modern techniques and technologies are natural passions.
You will be working with DELOS scientific team and farming teams, proven to be at the cutting edge of the industry.
In addition to a strong scientific background, you should be excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
We are thought leaders in aquaculture with our work impacting the livelihoods of thousands of people.
This role is full of variety – here are a few things you could be working on:
- Monitoring SOP adherence and data collection, across DELOS farm clients to maximize client success
- Improving the end-to-end data collection process and streamlining from observation to recording
- Leading internal audits and report findings for QC
- Provide HR support in the form of technical support and training where suitable to maintain data collection QC
- Designing and implementing data collection SOP updates across all DELOS client farms
- Designing new data collection solutions to create cost efficiencies and new data insights
- Working with product and science teams to provide insights and feedback from farms
- Be a thought leader and lead by example in the company’s use data collection and quality control
- Maintaining scientific rigor and a keen awareness of bias in all work-streams
- Be inventive and bring your unique ideas and perspectives to radically accelerate RnD
- Understand laboratory standards and work with our Lab QC team to maintain standards
- Support in ensuring data quality is consistent, relevant, and representative for the problems you own.
- Training and mentoring Laboratory Assistants and/or Technicians.
- Internal audit across laboratories based on ISO 19011:2018.
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or relevant scientific field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a data quality-oriented role, such as a laboratory or in-field QA. Strong knowledge of 7QC Tools, validation, verification (Specificity/Selectivity, LoD, Precision (Repeatability/Reproducibility), Linearity, Recovery, Uncertainty of Measurement).
- Experience writing SOPs and maintaining standards through reports and interventions.
- Have managed and trained team members in highly technical process to maintain low margin for error.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Understanding of statistical decision making and a tool.
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach with an attitude of extreme ownership.
- A thorough understanding of KAN accreditation, laboratory management system (ISO 17025) and quality procedures.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Comfortable speaking and communicating in English.
- Prepared to travel and work in rural locations around Indonesia.
- Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls.
Location & Travel
Our team are based in Jakarta, Garut and Jogja. This role requires frequent travel to client farms around Indonesia. You must be living in Indonesia.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Rp8,000,000 - Rp20,000,000 per month
Application Deadline: 03/01/2022