DELOS is a technology start-up solving the most complex problems in aquaculture. Science drives our strategy, technology and culture. Today we are solving farm productivity and management, to scale and accelerate the potential in Indonesian Aquaculture, starting with shrimp farming.
Aquaculture is experiencing a technology revolution as the $200 Billion USD industry strides to meet growing demand for protein. At DELOS, we are backed by leading Indonesian investors and work closely with Government, world-leading scientific experts, acclaimed farmers and cutting-edge technology companies.
Do you want to play an integral part in the future of Indonesian aquaculture?
Do you consistently outperform your peers?
Join a high performing, fast-paced team, changing aquaculture in a meaningful way.
About the Role
You will be directly responsible for designing and testing cutting edge scientific ideas and maths for the management technology of DELOS.
You may be an expert in a specific field or skilled in broad scientific research in commercial environments. You may be a recent graduate or a veteran of your subject.
You will draw on research, ideas and in-field testing to synthesise new approaches and standards to solve complex problems linked to advanced microbial science. This may be from modelling microbial communities in the shrimp gut to predicting phytoplankton population changes over time.
You will be working with a scientific team and farming team, proven to be at the cutting edge of the industry. We are thought leaders in aquaculture. Your ideas and creations will impact the livelihoods of thousands of people.
This role is full of variety – here are a few things you could be working on:
- Combining research literature, scientific theories, and real-world scenarios to create equations, ideas, and theories which advance DELOS technology
- Creating advice modules based on a systematic synthesis of research and real-world inputs
- Be a thought leader in the companies use of microbiology
- Work closely with our data science team members to blend your research with data science to create powerful predictive algorithms
- Lead the design and implementation of innovative microbiology theories
- Maintaining scientific rigor and a keen awareness of bias in all workstreams
- Be inventive and bring your unique ideas and perspectives to radically accelerate RnD
- Support in ensuring data quality is consistent, relevant and representative for the problems you own
- Degree or work experience in the field of microbiology or a similar degree
- At least 2 years of work experience in a relevant field
- A team player, ready to jump across teams to maintain rapid business growth
- Have created unique models and equations to solve academic or commercial problems
- Understanding of statistical decision making and a tools
- High intellectual curiosity and passion for the power of science to solve problems
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach with an attitude of extreme ownership
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia
- Comfortable speaking and communicating in English
- PhD or Masters in relevant field
- Experience working on scientific problems in a commercial business-oriented environment
- You’re an inventor and innovator at heart. You’re always finding new ways to solve problems.
Location & Travel:
Our team are based in Jakarta, with opportunities for remote and flexi working
You must be living in Indonesia.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Rp10,000,000 - Rp40,000,000 per month
Application Deadline: 03/01/2022