- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Bahasa fluently.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, with a history of executing cross-functional projects.
- Excellent communicator and presentation skills in translating complex issues into simple language suitable for a range of audiences.
- Strategic thinking skills combined with creativity and inquisitive mindset in light of solving complex problems.
- Enthusiastic team player with drive and determination, as well as a genuine interest in the role of Internet in a modern society.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Technology moves quickly, so it's important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics, and third-parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates.
In this role, you will manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Research and develop public policy positions and campaigns as part of a broad cross-functional team.
- Work with policy makers and third-parties to advance Google’s policy agenda.
- Design advocacy campaign with relevant stakeholders that will enable us to move our advocacy narrative.
- Organize events and initiatives.