Job Description Summary:
The Crop Protection Site Quality Leader, works in conjunction with the Site leader, Production/Operations Leaders, SC leaders, PD&P, and local Regulatory managers, leads the implementation of corporate standards, operating procedures, training, internal self-assessments, and analytical technology across CORTEVA facilities at a site, to ensure CORTEVA’s compliance with regulatory requirements and quality of Crop Protection products for the CORTEVA Crop Protection business.
This role has responsibility and authority to ensure that management systems related to quality are implemented and followed at all times and for the safe, accurate, and cost-effective operation of all quality control testing of Crop Protection products.
- Ensure lab safety procedures and practices are in place and quality organizations comply with all site safety policies.
- Ensure consistent implementation and maintenance of the business/site quality programs and compliance with global business policies for quality which align to the Business Quality Strategy at the plant/department level.
- Ensure alignment with site strategies and ensure that requirements and business needs are met through efficient use of local resources and consideration of technical and business issues.
- Implement and track metrics and objectives to monitor site performance and utilize to review compliance and quality status with site leaders (Production/Supply Chain/GAP Tech/PD&P).
- Report on the performance of the Quality System at the Management Review and make recommendations for improvements to the system.
- Ensure the implementation of ISO quality management systems, where appropriate.
- Lead the Site Quality organization. Lead all people processes to ensure the development of staff to meet current and future company needs.
- Ensures systems (e.g. LIMS/SAP) and processes are setup for products at the site.
- Ensure functional excellence is continuously developed and personal growth of all staff occurs.
- Ensure plant personnel are trained on the use of Quality/Compliance tools and processes to achieve plant/department goals.
- Must act within framework of operating budget limits.
- Has delegated authority to authorize maintenance request and purchase orders to the Quality Cost Centre. Has controlling impact on selected capital projects
- Provide leadership to the Quality Control laboratory to meet the needs of the production facilities, ensuring the analytical results provided are precise and delivered with a minimum of delay.
- Ensure up-to-date methods, records, results, and production and raw material specifications are maintained.
- Evaluate and ensure implementation of new/improved analytical systems, methods and laboratory processes as required. Lead implementation of the analytical strategies and processes at the site, where appropriate.
- Lead the site Quality Team to: record and evaluate KPIs; ensure the self-assessment program is followed to assure conformance to CAMS; facilitate the resolution of customer complaints and unplanned events, related to quality.
- Interface with external customers, suppliers and PD&P to flawlessly execute new product introductions and to address issues with product/service quality.
- Lead effort within plant team to monitor plant conditions and analytical results to identify opportunities to improve plant productivity, reliability, and product quality/consistency.
- Act as leader for Contamination Prevention and Manufactured Product Regulatory Compliance across the site.
- Lead RCIs related to site Quality events. Lead Product Recall and Special Release processes as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a Science or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years total industry experience with direct experience in crop protection business and product use, an advantage.
- Approximately 3 years experience with Quality Management Systems, e.g., ISO and practice in analytical chemistry.
- Knowledge of Quality Control procedures including procedures for setting specifications and product release is necessary.
- Good knowledge of the country's regulatory requirements and analytical science is needed.
- Local language and high level of English
- People leadership experience and proven skill is critical, as this role is expected to set a leadership example and to represent the site external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to ensure alignment with demonstrated objectives and company goals/policies.
- Negotiate conflicting cross-functional and customer issues to result in win-win outcomes.
- Build relationships outside the workgroup that enhance the performance of the teams.