Responsible to make sure all purchase and Import activities are carried out as per established procedure.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts
- Actively promote positive safety culture
2. Adhere to Quality procedure and policies in accordance with the Integrated ISO Management System (9001; 14001; 45001) (where applicable) quality assurance system. Including:
- Compliance to work instructions
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances
- Identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit
3. To do "Selection & Evaluation" Vendor
4. Develop cost reduction strategies in order to negotiate pricing as well a participate actively in supplier development and evaluation program
5. Open Purchase Order to Vendor
6. Monitor and Control delivery from Vendor for in time and or on time
7. Act as expeditor as necessary for delivery from vendor
8. Negotiate the price and the best payment terms and contract conditions, maintaining high level of integrity
9. Handling supplier audit and drive them to achieve target
10. Sourcing new Supplier and Evaluation through complete company goal
11. Be able to analyze market trend
12. Liaising with brokers and shipping companies and customs department
13. Helping team members resolve operational problems with SAP
14. To analyse and calculate buffer stock
15. To control and monitor PPV Saving project
16. Make Purchase Report
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Minimum Education required (specific field or equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, or any related field
Minimum years of experience in role:
- At least 5 years of experience in purchasing and planning function
Preferred Technical Knowledge and Skills (if any):
- Strong negotiation and good analytical skill.
- Good in computer skill especially in MS. Office application and SAP will be advantage
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.