Job descriptionPurpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Represent LO Indonesia sourcing interface to the HQ concept teams and manage the transition of Brand Concept Innovations into the Inline development pipeline.
- Embrace innovation mindset and establish performance culture by providing most creative product execution and manufacturing solutions.
- Built effective relationship with HQ Innovation Senior leadership teams (HZ, PDX, BF) and align on project roadmap and timelines.
- Implement product engineering capability to drive project complexity in line with the desired element of speed and acceleration. “Make mistakes faster”.
- Full ownership in driving innovation product technologies within defined timelines, in accordance with the design and technical requirements while maintaining an emphasis on performance, quality, integrity.
- Manage monthly chargeback process according to framework and provide monthly/quarterly/yearly status report to line manager.
- Lead innovation project tracking and provide regular reporting of high-level status updates to line manager and relevant internal stakeholders.
- High collaboration expected with other cross functional teams, facilitate workshops and training sessions with all internal and external stakeholder to create transparency of innovation concepts readiness.
- Highest level of intellectual property protection of all Innovations by working closely with HQ’s and HK legal team. Establish, review and foster E2E data and product security measures at all time.
- Actively drive pre-costing process by working in collaboration with LO and T1/T2 costing on evaluating applicable cost scenarios towards reaching technology cost targets and targeted margins/FOBs on all products.
- Implement adidas Group product creation principles of “simplify, standardize, modularize and enable automation” in all innovation concepts.
- Account for technical guidelines and standards for downstream stakeholders, provide comprehensive documentation such as project transfer package, QA plan, best practice for project handover.
- Prepare and lead official project onboarding/handover meeting conversation and therewith enable inline development team to successfully incubate innovation technologies.
- Collaborate actively with peers across other sourcing location, exchange ideas & best practice examples and adopt best practices within area of responsibility.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Apparel/A&G team to identify opportunities and learnings to be adopted in product creation, materials.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with HQ / LO and other key parties as listed below. Encourage performance culture and 3C behaviors internally and externally. Extent brand creativity and innovation mindset across the external innovation partners involved.
- Concept Innovation counterparts at HQ Concepts
- Tech/Engineering, Footwear Sourcing
- LO Sr. Management Team, Footwear Sourcing
- LO Costing, Footwear Sourcing
- Material Incubation, Material Sourcing
- LO Director’s Product Creation, Footwear Sourcing
- PCT / ME, Footwear Sourcing
- T1, T2, T3 business and innovation partners
- External Material, Machinery, Chemical, Technology vendors
- Innovation Management, Advance Creation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree preferably in Industrial Engineering, Sport Science.
- 7+ years of experience in FW Product Creation, proven ability to provide creative solution
- Experience in at least 2 other functions/areas beside product creation (e.g. Development, Materials, Quality, Production)
- Good understanding of costing, design for manufacturing/profitability principles.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in personnel management under a diverse culture required.
- Strong ability to create, plan and deliver presentations with good skills.
- Strong communication skills in fluent spoken and written English, Chinese,
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Project Management, basic operations of Adobe Illustrator, Rhino.
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE‘S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE – THE 3CS: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION AND CREATIVITY.
- CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
- COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
- Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.