Job descriptionLocation Jakarta Work Type Permanent Application Posted January 14, 2021
About the Role
They say no man is an island, and this notion holds particularly true for this role. As our Senior Researcher (Mixed Methods) for GoFood, you’ll be an instrumental cog in the Research & Insights wheel of Gojek that directly impacts the company’s way of developing market & product strategy through consumer insights. Along with creating a robust research plan, you will be in charge employing both qualitative and quantitative research. Working alongside a broad team of business strategy, marketing, product managers and designers, your knowledge will help us build the best food platform everywhere and create meaningful relationships with our users.
What You Will Do
- Independently manage end-to-end research projects from scoping work, advising on suitable methodologies, designing and executing research plans, and reporting to the stakeholders
- Advocate consumer-centric mindset and metrics to their stakeholders through persuasion, influence and inclusion to deliver insights that would inspire and spark actions
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to fine-tune methodology and results
- Influence team members to build discipline in documentation (such as reporting, filing, and repository management) to build team accountability
- Lead and facilitate cadences between team members and stakeholders, and proactively give and seek constructive feedbacks to support product & business initiatives
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience or more in the field of either product research, market research, and/or product analytics
- Intermediate to advanced experience and knowledge with qualitative methods, including: in-depth interviews, focus group discussion, concept testing, moderated & unmoderated usability testing, heuristics evaluation
- Basic to intermediate understanding with some quantitative and analytics methods, including one of the following: customer segmentation, funnel analysis, data analysis, and triangulation
- Able to design, execute, and analyze user research independently from start to finish
- Understanding in product management, design strategy, data, design, operations, marketing and branding processes and able to collaborate effectively with those teams
- Team leadership experience a must
- Able to communicate and influence different levels of stakeholders and users in English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and verbal)
About the Team
Our GoFood Research team, a subsidiary of Gojek Research & Insights, consists of 8 researchers based in Indonesia. Working alongside Product Managers, Designers, Data, and Product Marketing, we are predominantly concerned with bringing user insights to generate product development. Our approach combines research methods, deep domain expertise on tech products, and analytical thinking. As a multidisciplinary team, we are working to deliver insights and recommendations by ways of merging qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and business research, which will help Gojek deliver the best food product for its users.
We're a small and tight-knit bunch of nerds and geeks who genuinely love diving head-first into a good research and analysis challenge, and end up having a lot of fun together in the process.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.